This school is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. The School prepares students for All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE) and for All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE) of the CBSE.
The medium of instruction is English. The subjects taught are:-
I – V
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Mathematics, science, social science, Environmental Education, Computer, Music, Dance, Drawing, Painting, SUPW.
VI – VIII
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Mathematics, Science & Technology, Social Science, Computer Science, Environmental Education, Physical Education, Art Education, SUPW
English, Hindi/Malayalam, Mathematics, Science and Technology, Social Science, Health & Phy.Edn, SUPW.
XI – XII
|English Core, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Informatic Practices|
Total (100 marks)
Annual Exam – 80 Marks
Internal Assessment – 20 Marks
Board Examination (80 marks) for Class X
Board will conduct an Examination for 80 marks.
100% syllabus of each subject of class X
Both Marks and grades will be allocated by the Board for each subject.
However, school will also conduct Pre-Board Exams for the students.
Annual Examination (80 marks) for Class IX
School Based Exam at the year end.
80 marks exam for each subject covering 100% of the syllabus of class IX
Internal Assessment (20 marks)
Periodic Assessment – 10 marks
Portfolio – 5 marks
Subject Enrichment Activity – 5 marks
Periodic Assessment – 10 marks
Pen and Paper Test – 5 marks, Multiple Assessment – 5 marks
Periodic Test (5 marks)
Period Test ( 5 marks)
- 3 Periodic tests of 25 marks each to be conducted in the academic year.
- Average of the best 2 tests to be taken for final marks submission (converted to 5)
- Cumulative syllabus
Multiple Assessment (5 marks)
- Quizzes, Oral Tests, Concept Maps, Exit Cards, Visual Expression etc.
Portfolio (5 marks)
- Class work
- Peer Assessment
- Reflection, narrations, journals
- Achievements of student in the subject
Subject Enrichment (5 marks)
Language – Effective speaking and Listening skills
Mathematics – Lab activities and Projects
Science – Practical work
Social Science – Map and Project work
Introduction of two levels of Mathematics for AISSE 2020, onwards
- CBSE has introduced 2 levels
- Mathematics – Standard, for existing level of examination
- Mathematics – Basic for easier level of examination
- Standard level : For students who wish to opt for Mathematics at Sr.Sec.Level
- Basic Level : For students not keen to peruse Mathematics at Sr.Sec.Level
- Syllabus, Class Room Teaching and Internal Assessment for both the level remain the same.
- Student to choose between the two levels of examination at the time of submission of LOC by school to the Board.
Introduction of two levels Mathematics for AISSE 2020, onwards
- Mathematics – Standard is to be passed at class X, for taking up Mathematics at Sr.Secondary level.
- A Student qualifying Mathematics – Basic has the option to appear in Mathematics – Standard at the time of compartment exam.
- There shall not be two levels of assessment examination for Class IX
Introduction of Information Technoloty (Code 402)
- Skill subject (Subject 6) in class IX
- If a student fails in any of the three compulsory academic subjects (i.e. Science, Mathematics and Social Science) and passes in the skill subject (6th optional subject) then it will be replaced by the skill subject and result of class X Board Examination will be computed accordingly.
|SUBJECTS||DESCRIPTION OF SUBJECTS|
|Compulsory||Subject 1||Language 1|
|Subject 2||Language 2|
|Subject 5||Social Science|
|Optional||Subject 6||Skill Subject|
|Subject 7||Language 3/ Any Academic subject other than those opted above|
|Subject of Internal Assessment (Assessment and certification at school level)||Subject 8 and 9||Art Education, Health and Physical Education (Work Experience subsumed)|
Total 100 Marks
|Subjects||80 Marks (Board Examination)||
Internal Assessment (20 Marks)
|Periodic Assessment (10 Marks)||Portfolio (5 Marks)||Subject Enrichment Activity (5 Marks)|
Board will conduct Class-X Examination for 80 marks in each subject covering 100% syllabus of the subject of Class- only. Marks and Grades both will be awarded for individual subjects. 9 point grading will be same as followed by the Board in Class XII
|Pen and Paper Test (5 Marks)||Multiple Assessment (5Marks)||Classwork, Peer assessment, Self-assessment, Reflections, narrations, journals, Achievements of student in the subject||Speaking and listening Skills|
|Science||Speaking and listening Skills|
|Mathematics||Practical Lab work|
|Social Science||Maths Lab Practical|
|6th Additional subject||Map Work and Project Work|
|6th Additional subject||Note: In case student opts a language as 6th additional subject the modalities defined for Languages 1 and 2 shall be followed|
5 point Grading Scale (A to E)
No Up-scaling of Grades
Students will be assessed on a 5 Point Scale (A-E)
GRADES IN SCHOLASTICS ARES (CLASS – IX)
Grading scale for scholastic areas : Grades are awarded on a 8- point grading scales as follows:
Grading scale for scholastic areas : Grades are awarded on a 8 point grading scales as follows:
|91 – 100||A1|
|81 – 90||A2|
|71 – 80||B1|
|61 – 70||B2|
|51 – 60||C1|
|33 – 40||D|
|32 and Below||E (Failed)|
GRADES IN SCHOLASTIC AREAS (CLASS – X)
|A 1 Top 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|A2 Next 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|B1 Next 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|B2 Next 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|C1 Next 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|C2 Next 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|D1 Next 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|D2 Next 1/8th of the Passed Candidates|
|E Failed Candidates|
|Area of School Campus|
|(i). In acres|
|(iii) Built-up area (Sq.Mtrs)|
|(iv) Area of Playground 1122.2m2|
|(i) Swimming Pool||–|
|(ii) Indoor Games||Yes|
|(iii) Dance Rooms||Yes|
|(v) Music Room||Yes|
|(vii) Health & Medical Check up||Yes|
|Details of Fee|
|(iii) I to V||10620|
|(iiii) VI to VIII||11490|
|(iv) IX to X||12600|
|(V) XI to XII|
|(i) Own Buses||Yes|
|(ii) Buses Hired on contract basis||Yes|
|Detail of Transport Charges||2250 – 3750|